Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to reinstall Arlo Pro 3 base x 4 cameras and video doorbell?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Return
Aspirant
Aspirant

unable to reinstall Arlo Pro 3 hub, cameras or video doorbell. My router went down , had to replace it, then unable to get Arlo to work. Followed suggestions given here to uninstall and try and install - did not work, then I tried to sync - did not work, then I tried resetting the factory settings - did not work!etc., nothing has worked for either the Arlo Pro 3 hub nor the video doorbell. Can someone tell me if they've had the same issue. I have been on hold to speak with customer support for over 1 hour and 50 minutes, and they have yet to take my call. Had I known how horrible their customer support center is, I would have never purchased these very expensive items. If anyone has run into same issue, please help - before I take everything down . I have unplugged routers, modems, Arlo base..  reconnected with router first before plugging hub back in - nothing works.   I have deleted the app, reinstalled the app.... nothing works.  I have been dealing with this for nearly 8 hours... desperate....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Return
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the information.  

I put a support claim in yesterday, received a message this morning - and followed the instructions provided (which are different to those in other instructions) and it worked to connect the base.  I just need to manually connect the cameras now.  Below instructions provided that worked.

1. Unplug the Arlo smarthub from the back of your router.
2. Please reset the Arlo SmartHub for at least 30 seconds using a push pin or unfolded paper clip while it is on.
3. Wiat for 3 minutes for it to boot up properly.
4. Connect you Arlo SmartHub on your router's Ethernet port and make sure to use a working Ethernet cable.
5. What for the LED to turn solid blue.
6. On your phone go to your settings and make sure to connect to the wifi network of your router.
• Kindly disable the mobile data temporarily during the process of setting up your Arlo system.
7. Launch the Arlo app and login to your account.
8. Tap Add new device and follow the setup instructions.
9. When you are done with the Arlo smarthub setup, please proceed with the camera setup.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Return
Aspirant
Aspirant

After being on hold to speak to customer service from 6:51pm to 9:01pm, somebody finally got to my call to hang up on me because they close at 9:00pm.  I called back right away - to get a recording to call back during normal business hours.  I am so disgusted with their service - over two hours of my life on hold with them - which I will never get back.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just replacing the router has no effect on Arlo - all the system needs is an Internet connection. Generally, you would unplug your router and base/hub, replace the router and all connection to it, including the hub/base, power up the router and then the hub/base. The only way this wouldn't work (short of a hardware issue) is if the router was blocking access to the servers. Consumer-owned routers don't do this but ISP-owned ones may be configured in such a way as to cause this to happen.

Since it appears that a lot of steps have been taken, I would remove all devices found in Settings, My Devices. Hold the reset button until the LED flashes amber (>10 seconds). Let the hub reboot until you get a blue LED (~2 minutes or so). Then use the app to claim the hub normally. Once claimed, sync the cameras.

Return
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the information.  

I put a support claim in yesterday, received a message this morning - and followed the instructions provided (which are different to those in other instructions) and it worked to connect the base.  I just need to manually connect the cameras now.  Below instructions provided that worked.

1. Unplug the Arlo smarthub from the back of your router.
2. Please reset the Arlo SmartHub for at least 30 seconds using a push pin or unfolded paper clip while it is on.
3. Wiat for 3 minutes for it to boot up properly.
4. Connect you Arlo SmartHub on your router's Ethernet port and make sure to use a working Ethernet cable.
5. What for the LED to turn solid blue.
6. On your phone go to your settings and make sure to connect to the wifi network of your router.
• Kindly disable the mobile data temporarily during the process of setting up your Arlo system.
7. Launch the Arlo app and login to your account.
8. Tap Add new device and follow the setup instructions.
9. When you are done with the Arlo smarthub setup, please proceed with the camera setup.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation