Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to change a device location

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Johnfj40
Aspirant
Aspirant

Now that Arlo has added locations, I need to change the location of several cameras. I read the instructions labeled "How do I change the Location of my Arlo device on Arlo Secure 4.0" but it doesn't work. Step 6 states, "Click the camera name at the top of the screen. Step 7 states, Click Change Device Location. There is no change device location option when I click on the camera name. I can edit the camera name, but the displayed location cannot be changed. I have three locations set up. Any ideas on this? 

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I haven't tried new locations but on the Android app I see the ability to edit the camera name but below that selection is Location. I assume if a new location has been configured already, clicking on that would give you the option to choose the location desired. Have you tried that?

Johnfj40
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I've tried that. I can edit the camera name, but the location cannot be updated. See the screenshot below. The Location is displayed, but there's no update ability.

Johnfj40_0-1689611663330.png

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

According to the following, it appears you don't already have a second location defined (which also needs a subscription):

https://kb.arlo.com/000062824/How-do-I-change-the-Location-of-my-Arlo-device-on-Arlo-Secure-4-0#:~:t....

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation