Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Checking
Aspirant
Aspirant
I was watching a live feed from one of my cameras of people leaving the house (housemate had a party). Then the screen went black. Call this camera 1.
Another Arlo 3 camera in another location showed 9 people leaving. Let’s call this camera 2.
On the recordings, Camera 1 shows 1 image frozen for the whole recording of the time the live feed of the camera was black.
Camera 2, showed a little more movement but has cut out all the people leaving so it looks like they didn’t exist - a thin digital line cuts across the screen about 1/3rd of the way up.
How has this been done?
4 REPLIES 4
Checking
Aspirant
Aspirant
I was watching a live feed from one of my cameras of people leaving the house (housemate had a party). Then the screen went black. Call this camera 1.
Another Arlo 3 camera in another location showed 9 people leaving. Let’s call this camera 2.
On the recordings, Camera 1 shows 1 image frozen for the whole recording of the time the live feed of the camera was black.
Camera 2, showed a little more movement but has cut out all the people leaving so it looks like they didn’t exist - a thin digital line cuts across the screen about 1/3rd of the way up.
How has this been done?
n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Does your base station show ‘offline’ or what else can you describe about the issue?
Checking
Aspirant
Aspirant
It was a temporary thing that happened. The cameras were working fine minutes afterwards and are now. I wasn’t near the base station to check. But since I was watching the cameras on live real time, I know that camera 1 was totally black screen at the same time camera 2 recorded 9 people. But minutes after when the past recordings go up camera 2 did not show the accurate recording.
n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Hi Checking!

Unfortunately, if you are watching the cameras live then they won’t record the motion event.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation