Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How can I keep the Arlo App from timing out in my PC?

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
f5chief
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'll like to monitor my Arlo Pro 3 cameras using my PC, but it keeps timing out after a few seconds.  Is there a way to chang

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

The browser will time out if you aren't actively using the interface, but the timeout is minutes, not seconds.  There's nothing you can do to prevent that.

Refreshing the page will force you to log in again (which is a nuisance).

As @jguerdat points out, there is only one login allowed at a time.  So if you do log in on another device, the system will log you out.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
dcfox1
Master
Master

@f5chief wrote:

I'll like to monitor my Arlo Pro 3 cameras using my PC, but it keeps timing out after a few seconds.  Is there a way to chang

What error are you getting? They should last 30 minutes before a time out on live stream. 

f5chief
Aspirant
Aspirant

No errors.  It just logs out  when I'm doing something else and I have to login again.  I cannot stay logged in permanently with my PC.  Not a very good system for monitoring.

dcfox1
Master
Master

Are you going to another site on the same tab or leaving the tab open that you are logged into Arlo on your browser? What browser are you using?  It should not log you out in seconds with the tab open. If you close the tab you will have to log back in. 

f5chief
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm not going to another site or closing the tab.  I'm using Chrome.  I have it on the screen, I leave the PC for a few minutes and it logs me out.  It seems like I have to keep moving the mouse to keep it on.   I've done some Internet searches, and it seems like this is a normal issue with the Web app.  It's too bad, because I was going to use a dedicated PC for monitoring.  I might be returning this equipment.

f5chief
Aspirant
Aspirant

By the way, the phone app works fine and stays on but consumes a lot of battery power.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

By any chance are you also trying to use the phone app at the same time? The primary account can only be logged in on one device at a time. You can use Settings, Grant Access to a second email address to get around this.

f5chief
Aspirant
Aspirant

No.  I'm using just the PC app.  My phone battery gets drained when I use the Android phone app.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

The browser will time out if you aren't actively using the interface, but the timeout is minutes, not seconds.  There's nothing you can do to prevent that.

Refreshing the page will force you to log in again (which is a nuisance).

As @jguerdat points out, there is only one login allowed at a time.  So if you do log in on another device, the system will log you out.

f5chief
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's not a very good system for the price that you pay.  I have to recharge the camera batteries almost everyday too.  I'm taking it back to Sam's.  Thank you.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation