Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Bette99
Star
Star

I have just received notification about the "solution" to the topics about two-factor authentication. The "solution" is that 2FA will be mandatory starting April 18, 2021.

I have still not received a solution to the case I have opened about how to activate 2FA when you do not have a mobile phone/phone number. Case # 41908659.

Please explain how I will be able to use my Arlo cameras after April 18, when the only way to activate 2FA is to provide a mobile number (and yes, I have tried to just provide a non-mobile number, but that is rejected).

And please do not just say "but you can use email as a backup method". That is obviously only available once 2FA has been activated -  which I cannot do without a mobile phone number...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bette99
Star
Star

I did finally receive a response from the support team, thank you for the escalation. And after a little back and forth it turns out that Arlo did in fact enable choosing email as the primary 2FA method on activation (no need for a mobile phone). So my issue has been solved.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Bette99,

I've escalated your case to the support team and they should reach out to you after they finish reviewing your case.

Bette99
Star
Star

I did finally receive a response from the support team, thank you for the escalation. And after a little back and forth it turns out that Arlo did in fact enable choosing email as the primary 2FA method on activation (no need for a mobile phone). So my issue has been solved.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation