Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Grant access shows "pending"

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
DukeLeJeune
Aspirant
Aspirant

My friend has Arlo Pro2 with four cameras. Everything works and she shared them with me and gave me access so I can change modes, delete videos etc. All good so far.

I added an Arlo Pro3 hub and two cameras to my account and they came up running sho now I can do it all with 6 cameras. Everything works. Now I want to share my two cameras with her, so I go into settings and grant her access and it says "pending" and stops. She doesn't get the email and can't access my cameras. What am I missing?

Thanx for any help,,,,duke

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

She should check her spam folder first. If not there, what email provider does she have? Some still seem to have issues with emails from Arlo.

DukeLeJeune
Aspirant
Aspirant
She is using Outlook and has already checked her spam folder. How could I tell for certain that Arlo is sending her the invitation to share?
DukeLeJeune
Aspirant
Aspirant
She is using Outlook and has already checked her spam folder. How could I tell for certain that Arlo is sending her the invitation to share?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DukeLeJeune,

Do you have an alternative email address you could try sharing with to further isolate the issue?

JamesC

DukeLeJeune
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC, 

I tried an alternate email address of my own and it seemed to work, so we found a different address of hers that didn't use Outlook and that seems to work.  She can now see all six cameras.  Some of the features on the Pro III are not available to her on her older system so we're figuring out if she can live with that or she needs to create another account. or what?

Anyway it's mostly working and thanks very much for the help.

My user name on here is Duke but my real name is JamesC.  LOL Thanx.

Lyette
Aspirant
Aspirant

Go to mode, device settings, grant access, click on name of person shared with, click grant administrative rights. then she logs out of app and log back in should be good. 

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation