Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
AL87
Tutor
Tutor
Been using Arlo products for 4 years now and form the door cam to the outside cams it always freezes. I have fast speed internet and the signal shows it’s good. Idk what else to do at this point. The cameras seems to always not work at the most crucial times. At this point idk even know why I still use this brand.
6 REPLIES 6
Dannybear
Master
Master
When you say it freezes, does this occur when live viewing and or library viewing?

Are you using the mobile arlo app or desktop browser arlo web portal?

Is it freezing when changing from night vision to colour vision?
AL87
Tutor
Tutor
It does it when i live stream or even from the library. It happens at the worse times. Or it’ll just go green and you can hear the audio but it’ll freeze or go green. I use the mobile app and I try to download the video an ms it comes out the same way. No it don’t freeze from the transition from night vision. It’s always been think with Arlo and I’ve. Lived at two places since thinking it was the area but no same thing.
Dannybear
Master
Master
Is the arlo doorbell still in warranty, you can check the warranty status via the app under settings page, support and tap on the device to show status page, warranty is at the bottom.

Do you use a arlo Base station with your cameras, if so is the doorbell and or cameras connected to it or connected directly to the local wifi router modem?

A green screen and freezing when live viewing and on recordings suggest low signal quality, wifi interference or poor internet service.

What is the signal strength indicators showing in the camera settings page?
If you have a base station, is it at least 6ft away from the local router modem?

Do you live in high density environment or suburban area?
Sometimes changing the local router modem wifi channel to get away from other wifi sources can help.

How is your internet service, do you get delays using other wifi devices?
If you download a speed app it can identify any connection issues.
AL87
Tutor
Tutor
I’ll check it out but I’ve had the doorbell for a while now.

All cameras and doorbell are connected to base station. Even the indoor cameras do the same thing. It’s not as often but same.

I have an Orbi router with two satellites and high speed internet. When I test the internet and check the signal and cameras they are great. The base station is connected via either net.

I just don’t think it’s my internet based off the test I ran and the signal strength shown in the app and having no issues before it it. Jist don’t know what else to do at this point. Might just switch brands.
Dannybear
Master
Master
I was thinking that the doorbell might be faulty and causing interference on the base station to affect the other cameras. As a test try power off doorbell for a day and monitor the other cameras for the green glitch.

If you don’t get any then try removing the doorbell from your base station and import using direct wifi from your router and check perform again.

The base station uses it’s own closed wifi network to connect to the arlo devices.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dannybear wrote:
I was thinking that the doorbell might be faulty and causing interference on the base station to affect the other cameras. As a test try power off doorbell for a day and monitor the other cameras for the green glitch.

FWIW, my impression is that more folks here report corrupted video issues with the doorbells than other cameras, and I see more issues with my own doorbell than I do with other cameras that are in the same general location.  My doorbell is connected through a VMB5000 base.

Arlo has made some firmware changes to help address it - in my experience that has resulted in less corrupted recordings but more freezes.  Overall, that's better, but still perhaps needs some work.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation