Existing Arlo Pro 3 cameras and hub, Adding doorbell to the system

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Scottiedog
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have three Pro 3 camera system with a hub.  I would like to add new doorbell to the existing system.  What model is compatible to the hub and App?

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Scottiedog wrote:

I have three Pro 3 camera system with a hub.  I would like to add new doorbell to the existing system.  What model is compatible to the hub and App?

The Gen 2 doorbells won't connect to the hub (at least not yet), but they will connect to your home wifi.  So if you have a subscription, those are an option.  However, you will end up on the new "Feed" interface if you get them.

The AVD1001 and AVD2001 both are compatible with VMB4xxx and VMB5000 hubs, and adding them would not migrate your account from "Library" to "Feed". 

Scottiedog
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ah, I should've mentioned the hub model.  Hub is VMB4540.  I do not have subscription. So I have limited access to hub and library.  I guess "feed" is "Live"?  I'm still ok with what I have with Live and Library.  Should I still get either AVD1001 or AVD2001?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Scottiedog wrote:

I guess "feed" is "Live"? 

No.  "Feed" replaces "Library".

@Scottiedog wrote:

Should I still get either AVD1001 or AVD2001?

If you want to use direct access to local storage, then those are the only options today.

Arlo did say they are going to add smarthub support to the gen 2 cameras, but they haven't said when.  So you could also just wait until they add that support to make your purchase.

Edinburgh_lad1
Prodigy
Prodigy

Adding a new doorbell will migrate you over to the new system. Unless you want to inconvenience yourself greatly with a system that isn't fit for purpose, I suggest that you don't add a doorbell.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Edinburgh_lad1 wrote:

Adding a new doorbell will migrate you over to the new system. 

That shouldn't happen with the AVD1001 or AVD2001.

FWIW, everyone will eventually end up on Feed at some point.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation