Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Bryanwang96
Aspirant
Aspirant

I know that Indonesia is not one of the countries listed for Arlo Pro to work in but I do see many people selling the products on online sites/stores and was wondering if it works even though it is intended not too. Arlo supports other countries close to indonesia like Malaysia and Singapore. I also would like to mention that I will be able to continue paying with Singaporean/American credit card and have permanent addresses in those countries.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Arlo will work in any country that allows Internet access to the servers. However, subscriptions are only for a few countries, as you note. Without a sub you would have to use local recordings only which may or may not suit your needs. Since you have a Singapore credit card, which is a country listed as being able to get a sub, set the system up there and subscribe using that CC. Then take the whole system to Indonesia and plug it in there. Don't reset the system and it will be have as if in Singapore.

Bryanwang96
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply, Is this something you've personally done before? I have a little more digging and called the customer service here in the US. They mention getting the Arlo pro 2 since you don't need a subscription. However, it only keeps a week of security footage. This answer seems off to me. This is because if subscription services won't work in Indonesia, how are they able to keep the 7 days off footage? They told me if I did set it up here in the US and bring it back, they would reset my subscription. So their answer contradicts what you are saying but at the same time, the guy I was talking to didn't sound too sure. Sorry, for all the questions. It's just a lot of money for those cameras and I wanted to be 100% sure it works before buying. I appreciate your answer tho! 🙂

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Heh, not something I've tried since I'm solely US-based. However, support was right about not needing a sub for Pro 2s since they fall under the 5 camera per account, 7 day free plan. That's a free service so has nothing to do with location. However, your initial post seems to indicate Pro 3 or 4 cameras, not Pro 2, which would require a subscription for cloud recording.

As for whether the Singapore setup and credit card solution would work, this has been discussed many times here with Arlo stating that's the way it would have to be. Of course, things can change but I've heard of nothing that would impact this.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation