Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
LorenzoLtt
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had 4 Arlo Pros running and happy with recording services, etc. I was gettin for free.  Purchased two Arlo 3 cameras and it seems after free trial I not only have to purchase $10 plan I need to pay for a sixth camera (additional $5) since I have the 4 Pros.  So do I need to pay $5 for a camera (Arlo Pro) that was otherwise free since it makes for a total of 6.  Really????????  That's $60 a year, $600 over ten years.  I'd happily destroy the 6th camera before submitting to that.  Crushing it with my car might make sense.  Throwing it against a brick wall would also be appealing.

Comments?

3 REPLIES 3
LorenzoLtt
Aspirant
Aspirant

I would just add that if my concern is getting robbed, I'd rather turn off the cameras and take my chances than agree to it up front by Arlo.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LorenzoLtt wrote:

I've had 4 Arlo Pros running and happy with recording services, etc. I was gettin for free.  Purchased two Arlo 3 cameras and it seems after free trial I not only have to purchase $10 plan I need to pay for a sixth camera (additional $5) since I have the 4 Pros.  So do I need to pay $5 for a camera (Arlo Pro) that was otherwise free since it makes for a total of 6.  

I am not following your math.  If you are talking about the premier plan (and using US pricing), then covering 6 cameras would cost about $11.50 a month (the 6th camera is 1/2 the listed price of $2.99 when you also have the 5 camera plan).  My understanding is that you could also just get a subscription for the two Pro 3 cameras (both Pro 3s would require a subscription to get cloud recording for them)  That would be $5.98 per month.  

A totally free option is to switch to direct access to local storage (assuming you have a base that supports that).  

If you are using two bases, you can also put the Pro-3 cameras (plus their base) into their own account, and use grant access to allow you to see the cameras from either account.  Then you'd be certain to keep the cloud storage for your Pro cameras no matter what you did with newer ones.

LorenzoLtt
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks so much for your response.  I wasn’t aware I had those options which are perfectly satisfactory.  The problem appears to be the information from and communication with tech support which led me to the incorrect assumptions in my OP.

Thanks again.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation