Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
RianIam
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

I wonder what's the maximum distance between a BaseStation (indoor) and Arlo Pro 3 camera (outdoor)? It's free space outdoor, and c:a 40 meters between the house and were the camera needs to be installed.

//Richard

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

That's not an easy answer to give....

tech wise in free space you should get 300ft but the signals usu travel thru walls and that cuts down on the range.

Even a large mirror can effect wifi signals and or duc work in walls.

Also depends on what base you are using; ( 2.4 or 5 ghz band ) if your base is dual banded

I have one camera outside on 2.4ghz and it sits 175 ft from the 4000 base, signal goes thru 1 main wall and tho it sits at 2 bars wifi strength, it works just fine. Your results may vary.

Can you try an app on your phone to see the signal of your base and how strong it would be at needed location?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

That's not an easy answer to give....

tech wise in free space you should get 300ft but the signals usu travel thru walls and that cuts down on the range.

Even a large mirror can effect wifi signals and or duc work in walls.

Also depends on what base you are using; ( 2.4 or 5 ghz band ) if your base is dual banded

I have one camera outside on 2.4ghz and it sits 175 ft from the 4000 base, signal goes thru 1 main wall and tho it sits at 2 bars wifi strength, it works just fine. Your results may vary.

Can you try an app on your phone to see the signal of your base and how strong it would be at needed location?

Morse is faster than texting!
RianIam
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you Tom for your reply. I will try to test the signal strength from a cellphone just to be sure. I think the distance is only 150ft, so it should not be a problem.

//Richard

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation