Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Direct Storage Access Doesn't Work on VMB500 with Pro 3 Floodlight camera

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
BTG
Tutor
Tutor

My included free subscription just ran out and wanted to attempt a go using the Direct Storage Access before I signed up for a monthly subscription plan. I've got a microSD card installed on the VMB5000 SmartHub and I'm receiving notifications that there was motion/activity to my Android device, but when I go to view under Library, there's nothing?

Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BTG
Tutor
Tutor

Direct Storage Access is Enabled in the app.

Local Storage Status = Ready........Available Storage = 104.81 used of 116GB

I just cycled the SmartHub dropdown from Local to Cloud and than from Cloud back to Local and the videos popped up now!

Looks like it's working now but without thumbnails as described in the article. I'll see if I can live with this but sure did like the cloud storage from desktop where I sit and do most of my work. Much more convenient and bigger screen for my old eyes!  

Thank you

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@BTG wrote:

My included free subscription just ran out and wanted to attempt a go using the Direct Storage Access before I signed up for a monthly subscription plan. I've got a microSD card installed on the VMB5000 SmartHub and I'm receiving notifications that there was motion/activity to my Android device, but when I go to view under Library, there's nothing?

Did you enable direct access in the app?

Also, you need to change from the cloud library to the base station when you look for the stored recordings.  You should be able to press "Cloud", and select the base instead.

BTG
Tutor
Tutor

Direct Storage Access is Enabled in the app.

Local Storage Status = Ready........Available Storage = 104.81 used of 116GB

I just cycled the SmartHub dropdown from Local to Cloud and than from Cloud back to Local and the videos popped up now!

Looks like it's working now but without thumbnails as described in the article. I'll see if I can live with this but sure did like the cloud storage from desktop where I sit and do most of my work. Much more convenient and bigger screen for my old eyes!  

Thank you

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation