Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Hakanandersson
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi! I’m hoping to get some help here with my setup. I have been using Arlo 3 for a while now and want to fine tune it. 

I was wondering of its possible to setup the modes to activate in different circumstances.

Geo mode - when our attached devices leave the area - The cameras activate. 

Time mode - when from x-time to x-time. However they still become active if we leave the area with Geo mode. Regardless of what time it is. 

Also have a problem when 1 camera detects motion, I want another camera to instantly start recording to - regardless if it has detected motion. This doesn’t seem to work. And also I want to know if you can have use of all the different modes... 

Thank you, it seems as if you can setup the cameras to do a lot, however i haven’t learned how to use them correctly yet. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hakanandersson,

Set up a schedule for your "Home" setting and then set the default "Armed" mode for your "Away" setting within your Geofencing settings. Build out your schedule to reflect the desired time frames you want your cameras to be active when you are home: How can I set a schedule for my camera in my Arlo account?

To set up cross-triggering, create a custom mode and then include rules for the desired cameras. For more information on how to set up custom modes, take a look here: How do I create a mode with different rules for each Arlo Wire-Free or Arlo Pro Wire-Free camera?

JamesC

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hakanandersson,

Set up a schedule for your "Home" setting and then set the default "Armed" mode for your "Away" setting within your Geofencing settings. Build out your schedule to reflect the desired time frames you want your cameras to be active when you are home: How can I set a schedule for my camera in my Arlo account?

To set up cross-triggering, create a custom mode and then include rules for the desired cameras. For more information on how to set up custom modes, take a look here: How do I create a mode with different rules for each Arlo Wire-Free or Arlo Pro Wire-Free camera?

JamesC

Hakanandersson
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the help! 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation