Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
motch6
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mr. Marketing Manager, This was asked last year when you came out with the Ultra, but some of us have recently purchased new systems (for instance Arlo Pro 2) It would really go far in your marketing if you offered us existing customers some discounts on new cameras, charging stations, etc. Work something up, especially for those that had no clue you were coming out with a new units that do what we hoped our current units would do! There should be some incentive plan to help keep us happy! Sales 101, its easier to KEEP customers than it is to get new ones! Please. and thank you! 🙂  ... Interested in the Arlo Pro 3, (VMS4240P)

5 REPLIES 5
motch6
Aspirant
Aspirant

Come on Arlo, there needs to be SOME incentive plan, whatever it is... You already mark these new cameras up so much that your profit margin is huge!  Give a little back to the loyal customer who would like to continue to feed you money, but can't because of the high price of a new unit!  Please.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

motch6,

We saw this question during the Facebook Live chat today. This is also an idea that has been posted in the Arlo Idea Exchange, I encourage you to visit the existing thread on this and offer your support by liking the post.

Thank you for your feedback,

JamesC

motch6
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, this has been done! and has been sitting there since 2017, with thousands of comments, but it goes ignored and no comments from the company that i have seen (if there are any, the're buried).  No official notice from the company anywhere else, recognizing that this, is, will be, or has been thought of.

Please update the customers before you lose more!  i'm sure you have numbers on how many customers have left.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

Also, currently there appears to be no cost benefit to purchasing the packages versus the individual components of the Arlo 3 kits...perhaps there are some mounts in there that make it a big more attractive to purchase the kits.  Previously there was a fairly decent benefit to purchasing a kit.  Sometimes the kit was the same or lower cost than the add-on cameras and the base station was effectively free when purchased with a kit.  The pricing today appears to be a sum of the parts.

motch6
Aspirant
Aspirant

AND, now, to add SALT to the wounds...  I just got an email this morning telling me since i'm a valued customer they will give me 10% off any purchase from their store.  Thank you for trying, but please try harder Marketing Team!   That's almost a slap in the face.  10% is almost nothing.  AND to add to it... this does NOT include accessories! wow.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation