Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Crazy amount of Recordings for secondary Arlo Camera after giving Direct Power to my Arlo Pro 3

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Instegone
Guide
Guide

So I have 2 Cameras in front of my house.  An Arlo Pro 3 watching down the driveway and a Arlo Pro 2 Watching the front door.

I have them set to chain off each other.   So if the Garage Cam Detects motion it records and tells the Front Door Cam to record and vice versa.

Today I decided to run a power cable to the Arlo Pro 3 (which by the way makes an amazing amount of difference on the recordings).   But anyways I'm now getting a crazy amount of records on my Front Door cam and my Arlo Pro 3 isn't even detecting anything.  Any ideas whats going on?

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Start by removing power to see if normal behavior occurs.

Instegone
Guide
Guide

Looks like the Arlo Pro 3 is just recording so much, it keeps telling the Front Door Cam to record.  Probably will need to get a solar panel.  Though I really don't need them to chain now since the garage camera literally records everything now.

dcfox1
Master
Master

If you had not yet try to reposition thePro3 cam to avoid the thing recording excess if they are not triggered by the other cam. Or the same on the other cam or as you said try it with them not chained. 

How do I position my Arlo Ultra camera to detect motion in specific areas?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation