Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Alm83
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo. OMG what a headache. Bought this as it had good reviews. Finding the CX impossible to deal with.

I live abroad, but I’m Norwegian. I set up Arlo and for some reason the Arlo app is in Norwegian (maybe default as my phone is in norwegian). I am unable to buy a plan. Instead of the app giving me a reason why I can’t buy a plan, I am left to hours of work deep diving on why this is. Does my Arlo think I am in Norway, where there are no plans????

Simple question (or should be!) how can I see where my Arlo thinks I am located??? And how can I see whether plans are available in my location?

Given how great this product is, someone seriously need to check the CX on the software.

Any help appreciated
3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Alm83,

The account will be associated to the country in which it was originally created.

What country were you in when you set up the account?

JamesC

Alm83
Aspirant
Aspirant
When I set it up I was in the United Arab Emirates. I can’t remember if I chose that from a drop down, or if the system geolocalised me?

I just want to be able to view recordings, can I circumvent having a plan by using local memory or something? Or how can I see what happened outside my house when an alert went off while I was sleeping
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Alm83,

The country code associated with your account is automatically generated based on your current location at the time you created the account.

Are you still in the UAE now?

Local storage as you've mentioned is an option, for more information on how to set it up, take a look here: How do I set up local storage backups on a USB device using my Arlo base station?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation