Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
KristofferW
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, 

I´m evaluating purchasing a setup of 5 Arlo Pro 3 / Ultra and 1 Baby Camera. Livestreaming continuously (for more than 30 minutes) is important to us at that´s the way we keep track of our baby. In the best of worlds, in a video-wall setup. 

Is there any way I will be able to keep the continuous streaming up? (especially on the baby cam). For example, will the continuous recording option enable this? 

Thank you for help and guidance 🙂 

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Most of the Arlo cameras will only stream for 30 mins.... this is built into the SW ( to eliminate excessive battery drain if forgotten on ).  Exceptions are cameras if you have the CVR option ( tho this has it's viewing  limitations and any camera with this needs ac power ) and the BABY.

The Baby is the only one . TMK, that will live stream for as long as on.... I've tested it for a 5+ hr run and there were no issues.

( you need good wifi as the baby links into your home wifi, and a device to view , I had tested on an ac powered ipad )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
KristofferW
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for sharing, really appreciated it. 

So if I got an Arlo Pro 3 with a Power supply, and CVR- I still won´t be able to live-stream for more than 30m? 

The baby camera sees interesting! However, the user reviews seem somewhat mixed. We leave our current baby camera on all night to stream video and sound from the baby room to an iPad- do you use it in a similar way? 

Cheers!
/Kris

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The CVR option overcomes the 30 min rule as it will be ALWAYS recording... ( not sure if it stays live view tho over 30 , since I dropped CVR a while back )...tho you can play live view IIRC. 

But, I find CVR to be needing a redo as to some features... it plays back in real time only, also the trigger events show up on the time line but sometimes don't match the time itself so you have to view in real time to find anything.

As to Baby... I used an ipad to view same and had no major troubles in the 3 yrs I've had it ( still do ).... tho I do see others with issues here.

I recommend you but in a place with a good return policy and find out for yourself if it works for you. The warranty is a year so if you do choose it, you can get real problems fixed thru Arlo.

Morse is faster than texting!
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation