Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Confused if subscription is needed for Arlo Pro 3

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Instegone
Guide
Guide

Does the Arlo Pro 3 need a subscription?   The FAQ says: "Arlo Ultra, Pro 3, and Video Doorbell come with a free Arlo Smart trial. When the trial expires, you have the option to purchase an Arlo Smart subscription. Without an Arlo Smart subscription, you can still add up to 5 cameras to your Arlo account, live stream, and receive motion and audio notifications."

I currently have 2 Arlo Pro 2 and 1 Arlo Pro 1.  Looking to add 1 more and would probably want the 3 since its newer, but I can't tell if it would work or I need a subscription for that model.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dcfox1
Master
Master

Yes the Pro3 would need a subscription for 30 cloud recording and smart notifications after the trial. You could get a single cam sub for that.  You could also go to a 5 cam smart  subscription if you want and  leave one off with the free 7 day storage. 

You could also just use local storage on the pro3 if you have the newer Hubs or 4000 and 4500 base though not through the app on those bases. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
dcfox1
Master
Master

Yes the Pro3 would need a subscription for 30 cloud recording and smart notifications after the trial. You could get a single cam sub for that.  You could also go to a 5 cam smart  subscription if you want and  leave one off with the free 7 day storage. 

You could also just use local storage on the pro3 if you have the newer Hubs or 4000 and 4500 base though not through the app on those bases. 

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation