Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
ssyed
Aspirant
Aspirant

Based on research, looks like the community has been asking for concurrent logins at least since 2015. And it still hasn't been resolved. These devices are completely useless to me if concurrent logins aren't allowed. I'll have to go to a competitor solution and discard these devices. I have 4 Arlo Pro 3 2K and Arlo Baby monitor. Needless to say, for the baby monitor, we MUST have access from multiple devices - my cell, my PC, my wife's cell, our nanny. 
What is the solution here or do I need to just discard this solution? We have a newborn and lack of this feature is not acceptable in 2020. 

13 REPLIES 13
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ssyed,

Multiple viewing devices can access the same cameras by utilizing the grant access feature. For more information on this, take a look here: How do I add friends to my Arlo account?

JamesC

ssyed
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok. I will try it out. 

ssyed
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok so that solves half the problem but a good start. The next problem is me using my PC to monitor the baby while I work in the other room and am logged in to my cell phone as well. I should be allowed concurrent logins on multiple devices. 

dcfox1
Master
Master

I was wondering how to do that also. you log onto one device and it logs you out of the other.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

You cannot log in to a different device simultaneously using the same account. If you wish to be logged in on two different devices simultaneously, each needs to have it's own login by using the Grant Access feature.

JamesC

dcfox1
Master
Master

Tried that it says cannot send invite to myself.

dcfox1
Master
Master

Guess ur talking about other people logging in 

ssyed
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes realized that. The question is why that isn't an option? 

dcfox1
Master
Master

If this reply was to my post i was refering to JamesC suggestion.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@dcfox1 wrote:

You set up a second account for yourself using a different email address.  Then you can grant access to the second account.

Mikey94025
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@StephenB wrote:

@dcfox1 wrote:

You set up a second account for yourself using a different email address.  Then you can grant access to the second account.

Good recommendation -- This is exactly what I do.  It's also nice that the guest login doesn't require the two-step verification that is setup on my primary/admin login, so I use it when I just need to glance at my library of videos.

dcfox1
Master
Master

You should't have to do 2 step varification at all if u turn it off in setting. worked for me when i first got cams. 

Mikey94025
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Yes, you can disable 2-step verification right now but they are planning on making it required by the end of 2020 (due to the security "hack" postings really about people with poor passwords).  Fortunately, the guest logins are still easy to use even with 2-step enabled for the master login.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation