Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
dyara15
Tutor
Tutor

Hi everyone,

I received free 3 month cloud storage that has now expired, and while I can view the camera live from my mobile phone, it doesn't have any videos in the library saved.

Question 1

I already pay for cloud subscription (have dropbox, and itunes icloud) but don't have Arlo Cloud. Is it possible to link my SmartHub to dropbox/itunes icloud storage (to be honest, I don't really want to be paying 12.99 a month for extra cloud st?

Question 2

Is there a way to access my library videos by accessing the SmartHub from my computer?

Question 3

Is there a way to access my library videos via my mobile phone without having Arlo Cloud storage?

Thank you very much.

7 REPLIES 7
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@dyara15 wrote:

Question 2

Is there a way to access my library videos by accessing the SmartHub from my computer?

No.

@dyara15 wrote:

Question 3

Is there a way to access my library videos via my mobile phone without having Arlo Cloud storage?

Yes.

What is Direct Storage Access and how do I use it?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
dyara15
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you for the reply @michaelkenward. I have managed to successfully set things up with the instructions given. Three more questions:

Question 1: If someone broke into my home and stole the USB from the SmartHub, I would lose all the videos I currently have in the library on my mobile phone? (unless I saved them onto my phone, of course).

Question 2: Has the SmartHub got capabilities whereby it also saves and stores videos onto it?

Question 3: I can access the library videos on my Android phone. However, my partner (who I have granted access to) is unable to access the library videos despite being able to in the past when we stored the videos on icloud. More importantly, is there a similar way to me that she is able to access the videos from her iphone?

Thanks, once again 🙂

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Local access is a pale shadow of the cloud service. (It has nothing to do with iCloud unless you have some special arrangement.) It is really just an extension of the use of local storage as a backup. If someone steals the USB device, that's it.

The hub itself has no storage capacity. That is down to the USB device, or chip, depending on the hub, that you install.

As to sharing access with someone else, I have not tried this myself. Maybe someone else can chip in with advice on that front.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

dyara15,

Direct storage access is not available for users with access rights through the Grant Access feature. The primary account is the only login that can utilize Direct Storage Access.

JamesC

dyara15
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks lads for the reply. Just one last question: I previously received notifications "Animal detected", "Person detected" etc. All I receive now is "Motion detected" despite quite clearly seeing a person in the video.

Is there a way to activate this on my Arlo Pro 3, or would I need to subscribe to something to access this feature?

Thanks

dyara15
Tutor
Tutor

Just to clarify - How am I able to view recorded clips as "Animals", "Person", "Motion" as well as change settings from time-to-time whereby I only ask the camera to record for "Persons" instead of motion, animals etc?

Thanks heaps 🙂

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

....would I need to subscribe to something to access this feature?

Yes.

Arlo subscription plans and cloud recording

Just another user
Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation