Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
WestieOk
Initiate
Initiate
I have 4 cameras up outdoors and I’m so disappointed. I have to charge them weekly They go off constantly from wind rain snow etc, birds, a spider, and only heaven knows what else. The lights go on constantly too waking me up. How do I decrease sensitivity? I’ve tried the motion detection slider but it doesn’t stay. I’ll look at it the next day and its back on high. Suggestions please. And if you suggest the solar panel does it stand up to strong winds, rain and occasional hail? TY in advance.
2 REPLIES 2
dcfox1
Master
Master

Are you adjusting motion sensitivity in your Rules and saving it, not the motion test? I have a Solar Panel and it has been fine for a year in the elements. It is a trickle charger in a sunny area so may it may not fully keep up if you get a lot of recordings. You may want to try to reposition it. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Also, many of us use custom modes to set lower sensitivity levels during times of repeatable false triggers (usually caused by the sun's IR being reflected by leaves, trees, bushes, cars, etc.). Then use the schedule to automate the switching.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation