Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot view local storage

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Confused2005
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 2x Arlo 3 cameras and the base station.  The base is connected via LAN.  

usb drive is connected and records, I can view the videos on my computer, but not in the IOS app.  It says:

”Videos stored on base station are not available.  Please check your connection.” 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Confused2005 wrote:

The videos do not show.  It just says: “videos stored on base station are not available.  Please check your connection settings.” 

Have you tried rebooting the router, and then power-cycling the base?  Also maybe restart the phone for good measure.  Another thing you could try before re-onboarding everything is uninstalling the app, and then installing it again.

Unfortunately, in your case there really isn't much you can do to effectively troubleshoot this yourself.  You can only try some things, and see what happens.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Check you have arlo permissions enabled for the app to access the local network.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Confused2005 wrote:

usb drive is connected and records, I can view the videos on my computer, but not in the IOS app.  

Are you saying that you can see the recordings on the computer when you move the USB storage to the PC and browse?  Or are you saying you can see the recordings on my.arlo.com????

You can't view locally stored videos from my.arlo.com.  Anything you see there is stored in the cloud.  So either the cameras have a subscription, or they are legacy cameras that were sold with 7 days of free cloud storage.

Also, some Arlo bases only support local recording, and do not support playback.  The only two that support playback ("direct storage access") are the VMB4540 and the VMB5000.

Can you let us know what camera models and base model you are using?  Also, whether you have set up direct access to local storage (or not).

Confused2005
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the VMB4540, local playback always worked, then it stopped.

local network is on.

when I pull the usb stick and plug it into the computer the videos show.  But on the iOS app they don’t play 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Confused2005 wrote:

I have the VMB4540, local playback always worked, then it stopped.

local network is on.

when I pull the usb stick and plug it into the computer the videos show.  But on the iOS app they don’t play 

Thanks for clarifying.

Are you getting an error?  Or are the videos just not there?

One thing you could try is the "nuclear" option - remove everything from the account, do a hardware reset of the base (and maybe the cameras), and then onboard everything again.

Confused2005
Aspirant
Aspirant

The videos do not show.  It just says: “videos stored on base station are not available.  Please check your connection settings.” 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Confused2005 wrote:

Have you tried rebooting the router, and then power-cycling the base?  Also maybe restart the phone for good measure.  Another thing you could try before re-onboarding everything is uninstalling the app, and then installing it again.

Unfortunately, in your case there really isn't much you can do to effectively troubleshoot this yourself.  You can only try some things, and see what happens.

Confused2005
Aspirant
Aspirant

I reset the base and delete the app and reinstalled.  Sure enough it worked!  Thanks 

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation