Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot re-connect devices after removing and re-adding Smart Hub

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
rlpjsh
Star
Star

I needed to unplug power from my Smart Hub VMB4540r2 so I used the app to Remove Device, then unplugged.  After powering back up and after re-adding it, the app cannot find the two devices which were originally connected, Pro 3 Camera and Video Doorbell.  I have pressed the RESET button on the back of the VMB4540r2 and held it until the light turned amber, re-added it, with no success.  Thanks in advance for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rlpjsh
Star
Star

Yes, I learned the hard way it's not necessary to remove the Hub with the App when unplugging. Only the Hub was removed, no devices.

I was able to add the Doorbell after resetting it with the pin-hole button on the back. The camera had to be paired manually by pressing the tiny SYNC button at the bottom of the camera while the Hub was discovering. 

Everything is up now, thanks for your help!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@rlpjsh wrote:

I needed to unplug power from my Smart Hub VMB4540r2 so I used the app to Remove Device, then unplugged. 

That was not necessary. Just unplug the hub, do what you want, plug it back in again and the hub will pick up where you left off.

Did you remove the cameras or just the hub when you started off with this process?

Have you tried to reset and re-add the camera/doorbell?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
rlpjsh
Star
Star

Yes, I learned the hard way it's not necessary to remove the Hub with the App when unplugging. Only the Hub was removed, no devices.

I was able to add the Doorbell after resetting it with the pin-hole button on the back. The camera had to be paired manually by pressing the tiny SYNC button at the bottom of the camera while the Hub was discovering. 

Everything is up now, thanks for your help!

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation