Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot install Smarthub

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Henka
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just bought tha Arlo Pro 3. Downloaded the app, trying to install/setup the smarthub. Light is blue, but the app cannot find the smarthub...
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Henka
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks all! I got it to work by putting the ethernet cable into the router and adding  the cameras manually. Again, thanks!

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Henka
Aspirant
Aspirant
The light is firm blue for a whole, then it starts to flash amber.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the reset button on the hub. Hold it until the LED flashes amber and let it reboot. CHeck the LED behavior to see if it changes. You may need to reboot your router and hub, in that order. 

Henka
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for the tips! I still don’t get it to work. I have internet from the ethernet cable. When trying to install, the smarthub starts off with firm amber light, the goes blue for a while and then flashing amber...
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not sure what's happening but I'd suggest swapping at the store. If you want, use the Contact Support link at the bottom here to see if they can help.

Henka
Aspirant
Aspirant
I went back to the store and there it worked just fine. At home, I tried connecting the Smarthub directly to the router, bit it doesn’t work. If I connect a laptop the same way, I have perfect connection.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Henka,

When you say you went back to the store and there it work just fine, do you mean you tested it there and didn't experience the issue? If so, this would indicate something on your network is blocking connectivity between the SmartHub and the Arlo cloud.

JamesC

n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi Henka, who is your home ISP?

Henka
Aspirant
Aspirant
Henka
Aspirant
Aspirant
Agree, but I have no idea how to solve it. Everything else work just fine...
n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Hi Henkel, since you were able to prove it worked in the store than that confirms the issue is with your home network.

I’d recommend factory resetting your router. That will ensure any the settings that may have been changed that are causing your issues are back to factory setting. It is not much work to perform that step.
jjongkp
Aspirant
Aspirant
We had the same problem in Singapore with Starhub (ISP). I only just managed to get it working with the latest firmware update 1.16.2.1.

I'd suggest getting the store to connect and add your hub and waiting for a firmware update if it isn't already updated.
Henka
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks! So if I have the hub and cameras installed elsewhere, I can use them st home using my wifi?
Henka
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks! When doing a factory reset, do I need to do somerhing afterwards to get the router up and running? (settings, passwords etc)
n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Somewhere on the router is a small sticker with its webpage to log into and it will show the user name and password as well to help get you back up after the reset.

Henka
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks all! I got it to work by putting the ethernet cable into the router and adding  the cameras manually. Again, thanks!

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation