Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 8 In Conversation
Jhonnie5
Initiate
Initiate
I am trying to connect my Arlo Pro 3 Smarthub base station VMB4540r2 with firmware 1.16.32_654_6cd3d19 to Apple Homekit.  I have restarted the base station numerous times, removed and readied the equipment and after hitting the Set up button, it is just stuck on "Discovering your device. please wait.  Please help!
13 REPLIES 13
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jhonnie5,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

Jhonnie5
Initiate
Initiate
I’m not sure if the token was received. I followed your instructions and still unable to connect. Attached is a screenshot of what is happening.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you're still experiencing an issue, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

eruveo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

The support team can't help me with the HomeKit issue. Talked to 10 people in 2 days. HomeKit button is not in the app. I tried to turn off, is the same network, removed and added devices. Still nothing.

IHJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am unable to connect to Apple Homekit. The app just sits on discovering device.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

IHJ,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

brainyron
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having this same issue -- I go to pair homekit, and it just sits on the "discovering devices" screen indefinitely.  I have a support request open already -- they suggested I reset the entire system, which unfortunately was met with the same result.  

brainyron
Aspirant
Aspirant

Figured this one out... In my case, the HomeKit hub could not detect the SmartHub on its broadcast domain.  I corrected that and it is working now. 

tsuikin
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having this same issue.

My Arlo Pro 3 Smarthub base station VMB4540 with firmware 1.16..5.6_864_3913242 cannot connect to Apple Homekit. Please help!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

tsuikin,

JamesC

writetoeric
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue. Removed smart hub and readd and reboot. But still cannot find homekit. Any solution?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

writetoeric,

JamesC

Rdalinsky
Aspirant
Aspirant
Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 8 In Conversation