Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
H2Olgd
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have read several posts on this and unless something new to try will return this to costco.

Problem Statement:  I have connected the base station to my network in the past but had to do some network changes.   I cannot get the base station to then connect to network again.   I have reset (held the factory reset button until system cycles) the system several times, tried the sync button but the station just goes from Amber solid to blue solid then to amber flashing button.  The app times out not able to find the base station.   Yes the router is functional, yes the ports are all good, yes my phone is on the same network as the base station

Any suggestions?

Beyond frustrated with this product at this time.....I have Ring system on another home it does work so much easier...

10 REPLIES 10
Streak2
Master Master
Master

In case you have not already take a read here

https://kb.arlo.com/996/My-Arlo-SmartHub-or-base-station-is-offline-how-can-I-troubleshoot-it

The fact that you changed some network settings may be a clue. Have you tried restarting the router to which the base is attached?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Also, if your router has parental controls or cyber security enabled, try disabling that.

One easy check is to see if the attached device list in the router shows the base station when the base station is connected.

H2Olgd
Aspirant
Aspirant

Streak2,

Thanks for the reply, yes I have reset the router and I have validated all the router configurations and they are the same as before.  Do you know of any other way  other than watching lights to see what this base station is doing or to troubleshoot it further?

Thanks

H2Olgd
Aspirant
Aspirant

StephenB,

Thanks for the reply....

No parental controls are enabled on the router. Yes I see the base station connected to the port

Streak2
Master Master
Master

Not sure what else to suggest.

Arlo now have a virtual assistant that may be able to assist you more. 

go here https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx 

select live chat and follow the prompts from the virtual assistant. 

H2Olgd
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you very much for this tip might give it a try... will first try another reset of the home base

cmccrea123
Aspirant
Aspirant
Did you find a solution to your problem? I’m having the exact same issue. So frustrating!
H2Olgd
Aspirant
Aspirant

No I have not..... I was able to get it connected after several resets  (no changes to my router) but it still drops offline multiple times throughout the day.   It is not the cable and not a port issue as I have multiple devices on this router and I have swapped out everything.   All other devices do not have any issues with.   Arlo support did reply they saw my cameras online... but they have not answered why this is continuously dropping offline.... Think I am done with this product....Good think purchased from costco and can still return.

cmccrea123
Aspirant
Aspirant
Dang that really sucks! I’ve done the same thing, all my other devices are connecting just fine except for Arlo. I purchased mine from Amazon, I guess I’ll just have to start the return process.
H2Olgd
Aspirant
Aspirant

All,

I am sorry to post that I have received zero support from Arlo.   This is the worse I have ever experienced by a company.  At this point I have given up and will return the products as the base station will not stay connected.

Wish I had better news for the community

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation