Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
troxel
Guide
Guide

I can't remove my Arlo Pro 3 camera from its cover/shell. You are supposed to be able to remove the camera from its shell  by pressing down on the front of the camera with your thumbs, then letting the camera pop out of the shell. For some reason, the more I press down on the camera, the more stuck in the shell it becomes.

I've also tried to pry it loose using several different tools, but it just doesn't happen. I tapped on the shell with a rubber hammer, hoping to knock it loose, but that didn't work, and of course, I don't want to damage the thing.

Does anyone here have any ideas on what to do next?

Thanks,

Roy in New Mexico, USA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@dcfox1 wrote:
The button to release it is on the bottom next to the magnetic charging connection.

If you press the button once, the camera body will slide partway out.  If you press it again, you can then pull it out all the way.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dcfox1
Master
Master

@troxel wrote:

I can't remove my Arlo Pro 3 camera from its cover/shell. You are supposed to be able to remove the camera from its shell  by pressing down on the front of the camera with your thumbs, then letting the camera pop out of the shell. For some reason, the more I press down on the camera, the more stuck in the shell it becomes.

The button to release it is on the bottom next to the magnetic charging connection. You may have to tap on the back sometimes for it to come out. Pressing the front will just push it in farther as you described. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@dcfox1 wrote:
The button to release it is on the bottom next to the magnetic charging connection.

If you press the button once, the camera body will slide partway out.  If you press it again, you can then pull it out all the way.

troxel
Guide
Guide

Bingo! Thank you very much.

Roy

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation