Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't connect tablet to base station

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
So_Cal_Jim
Guide
Guide

I have my system nicely connected to my phone, it connected almost instantly. Now I want to connect with my tablet and the discover the base station just sits there and spins. The tablet is on the same network. I attempt to connect through the Web interface but can't get past their stupid "subscribe to smart..." Window.

Any ideas what's going on with the Arlo app on the tablet?

THANKS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

I don't know about anybody else, but I am confused as to what is going on here. Take this bit from earlier on:

... that's where it "spins" looking for the base station.

The app won't be "looking for the base station". It does not connect to the base station. It connects to the local wifi.

If you are at home, on the same wifi network as the base station, the tablet connects to the wifi from the router that you plug the hub into.  The app then connects to your my.arlo account.

If you are away from home, the tablet connects over the Internet to your account on my.arlo.

When you get there, you should see a screen with Devices at the bottom.

If you want to add a new device, there is an Add New Device button at the bottom of that screen.

So, take us through what you are doing, a step at a time.  Screen shots can be a great help.

Like I say, I am confused as to what is going on. Perhaps the others have a clearer understanding. I just like to get back to basics.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@So_Cal_Jim wrote:

Now I want to connect with my tablet and the discover the base station just sits there and spins.

Have you installed the app for whatever this tablet uses as an operating system?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Or use the tablet and connect via the web access with browser  ;  https://my.arlo.com

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@So_Cal_Jim wrote:

I have my system nicely connected to my phone, it connected almost instantly. Now I want to connect with my tablet and the discover the base station just sits there and spins. The tablet is on the same network.

The system is already set up. Any additional devices you want to install the app on simply will connect by logging in, not trying to set the system up again.

I attempt to connect through the Web interface but can't get past their stupid "subscribe to smart..." Window.

Set the mobile browser to use the desktop version of the web site.  Or isn't that the problem?

So_Cal_Jim
Guide
Guide

Uh, yeah that's where it "spins" looking for the base station.

So_Cal_Jim
Guide
Guide

That's where I get that "subscribe..." Window I can't get past.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

So_Cal_Jim,

You don't need to go back through setup again if you've already installed the system using your phone. Simply login on your tablet using the same credentials you've already created during the original setup.

JamesC

So_Cal_Jim
Guide
Guide

Yes, I did log in with those credentials, but when I go to add new device, it just spins and never finds the base station. I have updated from the original Arlo wire!see system, but hadn't added my tablet before.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Again, you don't try to set up the system from the tablet - it's already set up. The app is just an interface to the system. Log in and use it like you do your phone.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

I don't know about anybody else, but I am confused as to what is going on here. Take this bit from earlier on:

... that's where it "spins" looking for the base station.

The app won't be "looking for the base station". It does not connect to the base station. It connects to the local wifi.

If you are at home, on the same wifi network as the base station, the tablet connects to the wifi from the router that you plug the hub into.  The app then connects to your my.arlo account.

If you are away from home, the tablet connects over the Internet to your account on my.arlo.

When you get there, you should see a screen with Devices at the bottom.

If you want to add a new device, there is an Add New Device button at the bottom of that screen.

So, take us through what you are doing, a step at a time.  Screen shots can be a great help.

Like I say, I am confused as to what is going on. Perhaps the others have a clearer understanding. I just like to get back to basics.

Just another user
So_Cal_Jim
Guide
Guide

Well, that's odd, on a hunch I logged out of my account and logged back in and viola all my devices appeared. I find it odd because I had been logged into my account previously  when no devices appeared.

Thanks for your help guys.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@So_Cal_Jim wrote:

Well, that's odd, on a hunch I logged out of my account and logged back in and viola all my devices appeared.

Stuff happens.

Good news.

Just another user
Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation