Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't add Trusted Devices

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
EHansen
Follower
Follower

When I try to add 2 new iPads as trusted devices, I follow the push notifications to/from the original (and only) trusted iPad (older version), but always get a "Please enable push from settings" in a red banner when I select "Trust Device" on either of the two new iPads.  This page will not allow me to do anything else (new page with "confirm as trusted device", for example) and keeps me on that page.  I can only move forward by selecting "Do not Trust".  It appears others have a similar problem adding trusted devices and Arlo appears to be working on a solution.  I haven't seen an absolute resolution in the Community (the one page I found was suspended to new comments), so I'm adding my issue, which appears to be slightly different.  I can't delete the single trusted device to add a new one, either.  Arlo advertises up to 5 trusted devices, so this is a serious negative on the Arlo product name.

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

EHansen,

It sounds like you may need to enable permissions for push notifications for the Arlo app within your iOS settings. https://kb.arlo.com/1133/How-do-I-enable-or-disable-Arlo-push-notifications-on-my-iOS-device

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation