Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
sarathy33
Aspirant
Aspirant
When I try to access recording, it shows "Library" at the top in my Arlo 3. Previously, when I took out the flash drive and re-inserted, it worked. Now it doesn't. How to fix it? Please reply ASAP. Thx. Partha.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@sarathy33 wrote:
When I try to access recording, it shows "Library" at the top in my Arlo 3. Previously, when I took out the flash drive and re-inserted, it worked. Now it doesn't. How to fix it? Please reply ASAP. Thx. Partha.

Try removing the drive and putting it back in a PC.  If the PC offers to "repair" it, let it do that.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@sarathy33 wrote:

Try removing the drive and putting it back in a PC.  If the PC offers to "repair" it, let it do that.

sarathy33
Aspirant
Aspirant
@StephenB, you are absolutely correct! When I put the flash drive into my PC, it said it has some errors, scan and repair. I clicked scan and repair, it was spinning for a while but after some time came back to say "Scan complete, no errors". I took it out and put it back into the base station. Now, the "Library" is gone and back to base station. Wow, what a help! Really appreciate it Stephen! Curiously, why the errors happen? The flash drive is tired?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@sarathy33 wrote:
Curiously, why the errors happen? The flash drive is tired?

Usually it happens when the drive is pulled w/o ejecting it from the app first.

sarathy33
Aspirant
Aspirant
So, how to fix it? How do you eject the drive? If i go to setting, base unit, there is no provision to eject it?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
In the Storage Settings, Local Storage Settings for the base there are two buttons at the bottom - one to Safely Eject Local Storage and another to format the drive. Use the Eject selection.
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation