Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can more than one phone control the arlo smart hub?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Ranthonys
Follower
Follower
We purchased an Alro Pro 3 camera system with a Smart Hub/Home Base a couple years ago. I’ve operated the system with and without the subscription over those two years, but currently don’t have a subscription. I am storing the video files locally using the Smart Hub. I have myself and my wife connected to the system through the app. She has her own account that I have granted her access. She can access the cameras and doorbell, but currently cannot not view the saved videos on the Smart Hub. And it doesn’t show up on my list of devices to grant her access even though I can see everything on my end. She gets notifications for movement, but sees nothing when she goes to her library. I would like to grant her access to the Smart Hub, but it doesn’t even allow me to do that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ranthonys wrote:
She has her own account that I have granted her access. She can access the cameras and doorbell, but currently cannot not view the saved videos on the Smart Hub. 

Yes, that is one of the restrictions in Direct Access to Local Storage.  Unfortunately, it is only available from the primary account.

@Ranthonys wrote:
I would like to grant her access to the Smart Hub, but it doesn’t even allow me to do that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Friend access lets you share cameras, not base stations/smarthubs.  

Dannybear
Master
Master
If you’re partner uses your Account credentials to login on her phone can she get access?

You can only have one user access an account at a time but if it could be a workaround.
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation