Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can a PRO3 camera seamlessly integrate into a 2018 PRO 2 system

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Majormaxie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can a PRO3 camera seamlessly integrate into a 2018 PRO 2 system (hub & app)? Wanting to add one more camera, and thought I would go with the Newer" capability (2K). 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

What is the difference between each Arlo SmartHub and base station?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you go to arlo.com you can check the compatibility of the various devices with the various bases/hubs. I believe you would be fine.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

What is the difference between each Arlo SmartHub and base station?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Majormaxie
Aspirant
Aspirant

This response does not address the question. Hub compatibility is not the issue, camera is. 

Majormaxie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Has anyone connected a Pro 3 with a Pro 2 system and succeeded?

dcfox1
Master
Master

Yes. And if you read the links provided you will see the pro3 can be connected to the Pro2 Bases. 

Look at your base/hub model on the link page and you will see the compatible cameras. 

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

I think you will find that it is the hub that matters. The hub handles the connection to the cloud. Most hubs can handle most cameras. The variation is in the features you can use. 

Just another user
Majormaxie
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I could rephrase the question and ask:

will aPro 2 system hub handle a Pro3 ARLO camera?

dcfox1
Master
Master

@Majormaxie wrote:

So I could rephrase the question and ask:

will aPro 2 system hub handle a Pro3 ARLO camera?

Again Yes.

Majormaxie
Aspirant
Aspirant

AOK -- the goal is to increase resolution with an additional camera. Else, I would stick with Pro 2. But at the same cost (Pro 2 = Pro3 printing), why settle for 1080 vs 2.7K? Thanks!

dcfox1
Master
Master

Just to clarify if you didn't  research it you will need a subscription for 2k on the Pro3 cam after the 3 month trial runs out. 

Majormaxie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the response - makes this system now worthless to me for future growth. Was a fast fix for 1080, but guessing time to move onward (I do not do monthly subscriptions)   😉

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation