Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras intermittently goes offline after keeping charged (due to CVR req.)

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Ryan-SF
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been reading many posts about Arlo cameras going offline intermittently from continuously charging to a power outlet/source due to CVR requirements. Has there been fix for this? I have (newly) installed and subscribed 5 (of 6) cameras to CVR and am currently going thru the same issues. I have tried other troubleshooting methods suggested by other users, so far nothing has resolved itself. Right now, I am in the process of purchasing either a wifi extender or powerline adapter to move the base station closer, although doesn't seem like its too far to begin with. Now that a lot has been invested (subscriptions, additional chargers thru arlo, now wifi enhancers), I am finally reaching out to others to see if anyone has had any luck, otherwise, I have sometime around January to have all products returned. 

MY BASE STATION DEVICE INFO

Firmware: 1.12.2.0_205_d878851

Hardware: VMB4540r2

MY WIRE FREE CAMERAS (1/6) DEVICE INFO 

Firmware: 1.060.10.12_358_e212922

Hardware: H9

11 REPLIES 11
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ryan-SF,

Cameras dropping offline can often be due to a connectivity problem between the SmartHub and the cameras. Poor signal strength due to range or WiFi interference could be the issue, moving the SmartHub closer to the cameras is the first step in isolating. Please let us know if you continue having this issue after moving the SmartHub closer to the cameras.

JamesC

Ryan-SF
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello JamesC,

I installed the extender and moved the Smart Hub base station closer (about 10-20 ft from all cameras) on Friday, 12/20.

I have cameras named numerically 1-5. On Friday after installing and moving the base station, cameras 1 and 3 went offline. I unplugged their chargers (which went back online after) for a few hours. At the end of the day I reconnected the chargers to let it run over the weekend and check in Monday, 12/23 to see if of any offline instances.

Today, Monday 12/23, cameras 1 and 3 are online, but now camera 4 is offline. I will use the troubleshooting method described for cameras 1 and 3 and see if the issue persists tomorrow and follow up. Any thoughts in the meantime is appreciated. Thank you.

Ryan-SF

Ryan-SF
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am currently in another thread for troubleshooting Arlo Pro 3 cameras going offline, after connecting charger cables and adapters to cameras and ac power sources, as required for CVR usage. 

Do to many forums on the issue, my question to all is does anyone have a properly functioning Arlo Pro 3 camera system with the CVR capabilities equipped?

Ryan-SF
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC,

I've monitored the cameras about 1-2 weeks now and some of them seem to go offline still. Once they go offline, I unplug the chargers and the cameras go back online. CVR requirements are to keep the cameras charged at all times so I am unsure next steps to resolve. Do you know why these instances occur?

I do have one camera that has not been offline yet. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ryan-SF,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

aayebatz56
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have Pro 2s connected to base station and just added a Pro 3 three weeks ago. I have all of the cameras plugged in continuously charging. The Pro 3 has worked well until a couple of days ago when it went offline. I noticed from the community that this seems to be a problem with the Pro 3. How to fix?
LS_Fl
Aspirant
Aspirant
These cameras have been very disappointing, I have a competitor camera near same area that has no issues but arlo can’t stay online
Such a waste of money
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

aayebatz56, LS_FI

Cameras dropping offline can often be due to a connectivity problem between the SmartHub and the cameras. Poor signal strength due to range or WiFi interference could be the issue, moving the SmartHub closer to the cameras is the first step in isolating. Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate if you still experience this issue after moving the SmartHub closer to the cameras. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Tranceblast
Star
Star
@JamesC
HI, I have problems with my Arlo pro cameras when they are connected with power adapter.
One Arlo pro camera is connected to a wmb4500 base, and another one is connected to another wmb4500 base. When the cameras are running on batteries there seems to be no problem at all, when I connect them with a power adapter (original) and let them run for a day or two, they will stop recording when motion, I'm not able to view live on the cameras either. Same problem if I remove the battery and use the power supply. I need to restart the base station for get it to work again (for a day or two) same thing on both systems (same setup) isn't that strange, it will only work on battery?
Tranceblast
Star
Star
Over a month and still no answer, awesome support....
aayebatz56
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello. I installed a 3 about 5 months ago. It’s connected to an outlet for power. I connected it to a pro 2 hub with 4 other pro 2s already connected to it. There is a pro 2 about 6 inches away from the new 3. WiFi signal strength is the same for both. About 1 week after installing the 3 it started shutting down intermittently. I took it down, unplugged the unit and removed the battery. A few minutes later I reinstalled the battery, plugged it in and reconnected the 3 to the hub. I haven’t had any problems since then. So, not sure if Arlo did anything to fix issue, or problem fixed itself after I removed the battery, unplugged it and reconnected it. Good luck.
Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation