Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras go offline after moving to new house / new internet

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
GatorCane
Aspirant
Aspirant

I moved my arlo pro 3 base and cameras to a new city with new internet.  They have not been used for a few months.  All of the batteries are fully charged.  At first the cameras were recognized but a few minutes later, all of the cameras constantly show "offline."  I have tried pushing the sync button on the base and also the sync button on each camera.  The cameras will show back up in the app briefly but seconds later every camera gives the "your arlo device appears offline" message (every single camera, even one I have sitting next to the station).  I am using an orbi mesh and tried plugging the base into the main orbi router as well as my main ATT router that feeds the orbi, but get no difference.  Is there something else I need to do?  Do I need to delete the system and re-add it as new?  If I do that, will I lose the saved footage I had from my prior home?  This is very frustrating. 

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

What is the status of the base station LED(s) when it goes offline?

Is this happening both with the app and my.arlo.com?

GatorCane
Aspirant
Aspirant

The light is solid blue on the base when this is happening.  Yes, the cameras drop and go "offline" on both the app and my.arlo.com.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@GatorCane wrote:

The light is solid blue on the base when this is happening.  Yes, the cameras drop and go "offline" on both the app and my.arlo.com.  

If you walk in front of the camera when the app says it is offline, do you get a recording in the library?

GatorCane
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sometimes it appears as they do still record but it's hard to tell because they drop off and then come back on regularly.  

GatorCane
Aspirant
Aspirant

They do appear to be recording even when down. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@GatorCane wrote:

They do appear to be recording even when down. 

Sounds like it could be a bug on their end (since it is happening both in the app and the PC browser).

I guess you could reset the base and cameras, and see if that resolves it.

That is a lot of work though, and you'd lose recordings. 

If you have a subscription, have you contacted support?

FWIW, I use Orbi in conjunction with an ISP router, and connect my bases to the Orbi.  I haven't had issues with that setup.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation