Camera sharing

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Homerus
Aspirant
Aspirant

So frustrated.  I’ve been trying to share my Pro 3 camera to a friend.  The invite is accepted but the camera does not show in their device list.  

I’ve tried several times both from the app and the PC. I’ve tried the suggestions in the community but they still won’t work. Arlo,  Why isn’t this working?  

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Homerus wrote:

So frustrated.  I’ve been trying to share my Pro 3 camera to a friend.  The invite is accepted but the camera does not show in their device list.  

There are two user interfaces at the moment.

One shows "Library" as an menu option at the bottom of the main app screen.  The other shows "Dashboard" and "Feed".

Please check both accounts, and tell us what interface you are seeing in both the primary account and the friend account.

Homerus
Aspirant
Aspirant

Dashboard and feed.  No library.  For the sharing account

although I don’t have the camera in devices or library, I get alerts for the camera. 

Library for the account trying to gain access. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Homerus wrote:

Dashboard and feed. For the sharing account

Library for the account trying to gain access. 

In almost all cases the primary account is the one with "library".  Although I've seen a couple of posts from folks in your situation. 

The usual workaround to migrate to feed is to go into "add device" and start to add a Pro 5s camera or a home security camera.  That will fail, because you don't own either.  But it will normally migrate the "library" account to feed.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation