Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JPor
Aspirant
Aspirant

Camera makes a click noise only when the Arlo app is opened on my phone. 1 click, 1 second delay and second Click.
Dark or Bright room doesnt matter. Only camera to do this. Why is it doing this? 

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JPor,

This is normal behavior. When the camera is not being used it is in a hibernating state to conserve battery life. Opening the app or initiating a live stream/recording will cause the camera to "wake up". The click you're hearing is the IR filter engaging as the camera wakes up.

JamesC

JPor
Aspirant
Aspirant

Also then why do i still bear the click when the camera has been set to disabled? Also can you explain then why all other cameras do not do this when they are sitting in the same environment? 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager
JPor
Aspirant
Aspirant

Seems like you dont know the answer, and sent me a link? This still does not answer my question? 
Can a competent Arlo customer care agent explain why it is clicking 5 about times in the pas 10 minutes? And what i can do to get it fixed or replaced?

It has been taken out of this room as i will not listen to it click any longer. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JPor,

If you feel the symptoms you're experiencing are not normal behavior as described in the article posted above, I encourage you to reach out to the Arlo Support team to further investigate the issue. You can find support contact options within the Arlo Secure mobile app under Settings > Support.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation