Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

CVR subsribtion

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Matheisu
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just subscribed for CVR for one of my Arlo pro 3 camera two days ago. However, I still cannot see my timeline is active. How long does it takes to have my timeline activated since the payment? I really need that timeline to work.
9 REPLIES 9
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Have you been into the settings to confirm that the service is activated for that camera?

• Settings
  • Subscription

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Also, what are you doing to view the timeline? Generally, you would use the 3 dots menu for the camera in the app or the "clock" icon in the web client to see the timeline.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Apparently CVR doesn't work reliably and they know it.  I wouldn't waste your money.  They were not helpful at all on the chat below.

Them: "Thank you for patiently waiting, this is a known issue and the engineering team is working on this as soon as possible."
Me: "Is there any ETA on when they will be fixing this?"
Them: "They are working on this as soon as possible."
Them: "Remove the camera from the app."
Me: "Will I need to continue doing that each time it messes up?"
Them: "No need just for now since the issue is not yet resolved."
Them: "Hi, it's been a few minutes, do you still require further assistance? I will end this session if there is no response within the next 2 minutes."

K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

My response would have been  "Please refund my CVR money"

Matheisu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Thanks for your respond. Yes i have done all the steps for subscribing and setting. However, I have been advised by Arlo Tech that my camera needs to be connected to the power point with the cable charger, which is difficult for me as we have put the camera on the spot that is far from the power point and it will take a lot of work for us to install the electricity connection. Another cost of money.

Again thanks for the respond.

Matheisu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Thanks for the respond. I have been told that the only way for my CVR to be activated is to connect it with the power point with the cable charger. My camera is located on the spot that far from the power point as it is wireless camera. 

Matheisu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, Thanks for responding. Yes, I have been spoken with Arlo Tech. My camera need to be connected with the power point using the cable charger and I wont be able to do that due to the location of that  camera is quiet a way from the power points and need to install it further, which will need more cost :). Anyway, seems like i have to unsubscribe from the CVR.

Matheisu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I agree with you at this stage :). Thanks for responding

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Matheisu wrote:

My camera need to be connected with the power point using the cable charger

By definition, CVR has to have a camera that is continuously sending data to the cloud server. That means that it is always using power. Without a mains connection,  your battery would run out very quickly.

Permanent power is required for other features that require data processing at the cloud end, such as some zone stuff.

If Arlo does not make this clear when people sign up for CVR, then that is a mistake on its part. I see no warning on the front page for setting up a CVR subscription.

It says in the manuals: "These features are available only while the camera is plugged" and then lists  Activity zones, CVR and Prebuffering. But who reads all that stuff?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation