Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ztw220
Star
Star
I recently hooked up the outdoor magnetic AC to my Alro 3 in order to gain access to my CVR. Ever since i’ve been getting motion trips even when down to 1% sensitivity with nothing in sight. It seems to go off every two mins. I even turned on the auto tracking but videos with that come in audio only no video so i cannot see what trips it. Has anyone had this happen? I was thinking the cord was blowing in the wind or something but it’s fairly well clipped on to the siding. Is sensitivity increased when it’s running wired vs wireless? It’s driving me nuts and i’m about to discontinue the CVR. Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ztw220,

Do you have activity zones enabled? If so, try removing them in addition to turning off auto zoom and track and test to see if you still experience the same behavior.

JamesC

ztw220
Star
Star
yea i tried with activity zones on and off as well as the auto tracking. still triggers on 1% even with what seems to be wind blowing. i appreciate the advice i was thinking about switching out the camera for a different one to see if they both do it when connected to the AC. only think i can think of is that the cord blows in the wind and trips the motion. but how else are you supposed to hook it up to AC?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you changing the motion sensitivity in your modes and rules? The motion test just gives you a number to plug into the rules.

ztw220
Star
Star
yea i lowered the sensitivities in the rules and mode settings. i’m curious if it’s the AC cord blowing in the wind. i ended up adding the wired camera to activate on a different rule with in a different camera to start recording when there is motion on the other camera, and now of course it captures all 5:05mins even if the other camera only triggers a 15 second video.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation