Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
mtberk09
Follower
Follower
There was a recent Firmware update within the last week or two and I have noticed that since then my batteries aren't even lasting a week. Is anyone else having this same issue? It's very frustrating when they are advertised as lasting 3 months if not longer and I cant even get a full week out of them. Can someone from Arlo weigh in? Is there a way to get my system back to pre-update so they stop draining so quick? Please advise
7 REPLIES 7
Ryan80
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes! This is why I am on here. It was bad enough they weren’t lasting even 3 months. But just today we said it’s I my been 2 weeks.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try removing and reconnecting the camera.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A wide variety of factors must be considered when discussing battery consumption. How many recordings/live streams are occuring on the cameras? What is the signal strength like and how far away from your router/smarthub are the cameras located?

JamesC

Jamesaw
Initiate
Initiate
I'm having the same issue. I recently upgraded to the 4540 and all cameras in the same locations would last approximately 3 months. Now they only last a day on a full charge library shows no record of recording or live stream. Also 2 cameras have solar panels and still only last a day.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jamesaw,

What does the signal strength icon show for these cameras? Are you using activity zones? Has anything changed with your network recently that could be causing interference with the cameras?

JamesC

Jamesaw
Initiate
Initiate

Most of the cameras are at full signal strength. One is usually at 1 or 2 bars of strength.

I have the below cameras.

Arlo (first series)

2 x Arlo pro 2 (1 of these is connected to a solar panel)

Arlo Essential (connected to a solar panel)

Arlo Essential XL

Arlo Doorbell camera

Within the last 4 months I changed out my base to the 4540. I had no issues for the first few months, with no changes I saw that battery life dropped drastically. Now they do not last 2 days and they are scheduled to only activate between 4:30pm and 7:15am (even the cameras with solar panels don't last more than 2 day's). 

In trying to trouble shoot the issue I replaced rechargeable batteries in one o the Arlo pro 2's and saw the same issue. I also brought all 5 cameras inside (minus the door bell of course) and charged them to max capacity. I pointed them at a blank wall within 3 feet of the base and monitored the battery usage. While in the room I could hear the cameras clicking as if they were activating multiple times for hours. periodically I would check the app to see if anything was triggered or recorded and found that nothing was being recoded. I sound like all of the cameras are getting a signal that is triggering the cameras draining the batteries. within half of a day with the batteries fully changed and no recordings the batteries are all showing approximately 63%. The only other thing I noticed is the base stations blue light changes to orange at different times. I wasn't able to correlate this to anything.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jamesaw,

Given the troubleshooting you've mentioned already taking here, I recommend that you contact the Arlo Support Team to investigate further.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation