Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
skaggsjw
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have three Arlo Pro 3 cameras and the base station. My base station will show offline in the Arlo app and won't record but will be available in Homekit, and I can stream live from the Home app. This happens intermittently almost each day. I'm connected via ethernet. The Home app never fails to stream the cameras live when I initiate from there. I have an open ticket and have gone back and forth with Arlo, but they aren't addressing the issue that the cameras are clearly online but the basestation is showing offline in their app. Great products but this inconsistent behavior is maddening. The answer can't be "take them off Homekit" given that I bought them specifically because they were Homekit compatible. Anyone else face this issue?

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

skaggsjw,

If you're able to stream the cameras using Homekit, the app must be reporting status incorrectly. If you close and reopen the Arlo mobile app, does that resolve the issue?

JamesC

skaggsjw
Aspirant
Aspirant
No closing the app doesn’t fix this.
Dewelwood
Aspirant
Aspirant

I been having the same issue only after the free trial period. Once I have signed up for a subscription plan is when my Arlo app says base station and cameras are offline but I can still get live feed in the home app. I also get motion detection and recordings even though the base station and camera says offline. I have reset the base station several times and reset my router that the base station is connected to. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dewelwood,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation