Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base station VMB4000r3 with Pro 3 H9 camera

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Edcycles
Follower
Follower

I have an Arlo Base station model VMB4000r3 with 2 H14 cameras that record to local storage without issue.

My Pro 3 H9 camera stopped recording to local storage once 3 month trial ended. If I purchase the Arlo Secure cloud storage for one camera ($2.99 a month) will it work while keeping older cameras on local storage for 7 days?

2 REPLIES 2
Dannybear
Master
Master
Just to clarify what local storage refers to, for the vmb4000 Base station it is a USB device used to store recordings that are sent to the cloud library (no live recordings just triggered events.) that you have to use a pc to view the USB device content by removing it manually from the base station.
The cloud library recordings viewed from the app last 7 days and are free for the pro2 cameras. Any camera post the pro2 require a subscription plan to be able to record to the cloud library shown on the arlo app.
Some later base stations or hubs do allow direct local access viewing of the locally stored recordings but do restrict cloud recording.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062337/What-is-Direct-Storage-Access-and-how-do-I-use-it

So to summarise, yes cloud library recordings should be maintained for the pro2 cameras.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Edcycles wrote:

If I purchase the Arlo Secure cloud storage for one camera ($2.99 a month) will it work while keeping older cameras on local storage for 7 days?

As @Dannybear says, you are actually getting 7 day cloud storage with your older cameras - you can't see local recordings in the app or web browser with your base.

A single-camera Arlo Secure plan will give you 30 days of cloud storage with the Pro-3, and your older cameras will continue to give you 7 days of cloud storage.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation