Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro3 will go hours and days not picking up motion

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Laxdad1548
Follower
Follower

My Arlo pro 3 is 2 hours from me. It works intermittently and will go hours and days not picking up motion. I’ve done a complete factory reset and turned up all my settings. It’s a safety issue as my dad has dementia. What can I do with this device to get it to work? I’m at the end of my rope with this issue! Any help would be appreciated!!

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Laxdad1548 wrote:
My Arlo pro 3 is 2 hours from me. It works intermittently and will go hours and days not picking up motion. I’ve done a complete factory reset and turned up all my settings. It’s a safety issue as my dad has dementia. 

Are you using this indoors or outdoors?  If indoors, you could consider replacing it with the essential inside camera (or adding one).  It requires power, but adds pixel-based motion detection to the PIR sensors.

FWIW, it's difficult to troubleshoot lack of recordings when you aren't on site.  Are you seeing battery issues or camera off-line indications? 

Also, do you have direct access to local storage set up?  Using that in addition to cloud recording might be part of the solution.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation