Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Vardanegaj
Follower
Follower
Hi my cameras no longer record to library, it picks up motion and alerts but no footage please help
I also noticed in the section when it pickup recording it is set at do nothing , I can’t only change to alarm but can’t select record
Thankyou
6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like the "do nothing" is your issue. STart by rebooting your hub. Read the FAQs here on modifying modes and rules as well as creating your own custom modes. Edit your modes and rules to get exactly what you need.

It's possible that removing and resyncing the cameras will be needed to fix the problem.

kangi35
Aspirant
Aspirant

If your trial period has run out and you have not subscribed, your Pro3 will no record to your library.  Just found that out myself. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It will record to local storage on your hub which can be accessed in the library by changing the view from cloud to your local storage. This requires that app since the web client doesn't support this.

kangi35
Aspirant
Aspirant

80 yrs. old here, not completely computer illiterate, but no expert either.  Is this an app that can be downloaded to a computer, or only to a smart phone, which I do not have?  And if it can, could you tell me where to find it?  Would that also require using a memory stick (can't remember what you call them) in the USB port, and if so,  will the one memory stick record from more than one camera?  Thanks for your feedback.  Appreciate it. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Hey, I'm 70 and have a penchant for forgetting things that I just thought of. We all have our struggles...  🙂

The app must run on a smartphone. We've been asking for the browser to be able to access local storage but I have no idea if/when it may be available. The memory stick/thumb drive/flash drive will record any motion detection videos from any cameras. 32-64GB is plenty for most folks.

kangi35
Aspirant
Aspirant

Gotcha.  Thanks so much.  Appreciate it. 

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation