Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 30 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Aarush
Aspirant
Aspirant

A few days ago, I purchased a arlo Pro 3 camera, but I'm having trouble connecting it. I've connected the ethernet cable to both the station and my router and also plugged it into a power source. However, when I try to add the device through the arlo Secure app, it tells me that no devices were found. I even tried resetting the camera by clicking on the reset button, but to no avail. The light on the hub is blue, but unfortunately, I still cannot see the Carlo device on my phone. Can you please suggest some solutions that I can try?

30 REPLIES 30
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you saying that you could not add the base station to your account?

Aarush
Aspirant
Aspirant

when i open my arlo secure app, in home screen it shows add a device then it says select a device, mine is cameras so i clicked in it.mine is pro 3. then it says to plug an ethernet cable, power base station,  then looking for device. mine problem is that it does not show any devices on my phone. if it was shown then i could have connect it to the cameras. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Aarush wrote:

when i open my arlo secure app, in home screen it shows add a device then it says select a device, mine is cameras so i clicked in it.mine is pro 3. then it says to plug an ethernet cable, power base station,  then looking for device. 

Do you have a base station?

If you do, then did you add the base station to your account before trying to add the camera?

Aarush
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried to add base station too, but it also says the same thing( no available device found). VMB4540 is my base station. now its been many days i have been trying to connect but i could not. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is it listed in your account settings? If so, delete it. Either way, try holding the reset button until the LED flashes amber, let it reboot and try claiming it again.

aarush12333445
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried doing that too but it did not work. i do not undersatnd what do you mean by listed in your account seeting. i did not know i bought used prodduct , it was written very good condition so i was like okay. i think i have to exchange or return back to company. i am hopeless now.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you bought a used system, the original owner needs to have removed the base from his account before it can be claimed by you. That's just one of the pitfalls of buying used.

aarush12333445
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey thank you so much for replying to me this long time. So, how can i call the arlo company or the original user of the camera? 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Aarush wrote:

I tried to add base station too, but it also says the same thing( no available device found). VMB4540 is my base station. now its been many days i have been trying to connect but i could not. 

Not sure if you purchased a used system or not - it should have been identified as used/refurbished if you did.

Is the VMB4540 connected to your router's ethernet?  What is the LED status?

Have you tried resetting the base with a paper-clip?

aarush12333445
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yesterday I talkean arlo expert and he said that my wifi should be on 2.4 GHz to work I call wifi services provider and they changed my frequency to 2.4 GHz but still, it's not showing. The led status is solid blue. I also tried resetting but it didn't work. When I plug, and unplug the ethernet from the base station, it gives blinking orange color and then blue. I have only seen these two colors so far. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried using a PC to add the base to your account?  Browse to my.arlo.com.

@aarush12333445 wrote:

Yesterday I talkean arlo expert and he said that my wifi should be on 2.4 GHz to work 

Not sure who you talked to, but this is incorrect.  The Pro 3 connects to a closed wifi network created by the base, and it doesn't matter whether your home wifi is 2.4 ghz or 5 ghz.  (it could matter for other Arlo cameras, just not the Pro 3).

Your phone  or PC does need to be connected to your home network (wifi or ethernet).  And if you use a router with a modem, the base needs to be connected to the router ethernet (not the modem ethernet).

aarush12333445
Aspirant
Aspirant

My internet service provider is mediacom. I have got eero device( small white box) and modem or router( black box). So what i have done is i connect power cable to base station from wall and i connect ethernet cable from router/modem to my base station. When i do that it blinks in orange color , led , and after some time led turns to solid blue. I even tried connecting ethernet cable into different ports in the router. I am doing everything i can but its not working.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@aarush12333445 wrote:

I have got eero device( small white box) and modem or router( black box). 

Can you give me the model numbers (and manufacturer of the "black box"?

Often there are two routers installed (sometimes accidentally) - and if the eero device is working as a router, then you won't be able to on-board cameras or the base station if you are connected to the eero wifi.

If that's the situation, you'd either need to connect the base to the Eero, or you'd need to connect a PC to the "black box" ethernet, and on-board from the PC.

aarush12333445
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yeah when I talked to the ISP, she told that both of my device were acting as a router so she disabled it. 

CGA4236 is the model and the manufacturer is technicolor. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@aarush12333445 wrote:

Yeah when I talked to the ISP, she told that both of my device were acting as a router so she disabled it. 

CGA4236 is the model and the manufacturer is technicolor. 

Thx.

Did she tell you whether she disabled the router functionality in the CGA4236 gateway?  Or did she disable it in the Eero?

Does the Eero have any LAN ethernet ports?

aarush12333445
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yeah, she told me she disabled one of them but I forgot. I will call again and ask them. Regarding the port, yes there is another ethernet port and I tried to connect that with the base but nothing happened. I mean if I connect it to the router then I can see a blinking green in the router which indicates that the signal is flowing or something but when I connect the cable to the zero devices, nothing happens, no color. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@aarush12333445 wrote:

Regarding the port, yes there is another ethernet port and I tried to connect that with the base but nothing happened. I mean if I connect it to the router then I can see a blinking green in the router which indicates that the signal is flowing or something but when I connect the cable to the zero devices, nothing happens, no color. 

Guessing that autocorrect kicked in, and that you meant "eero" and not "zero".

It'd be good to know for sure what she did.  She might have

• just turned off the technicolor wifi (leaving both devices routing)
  • put the technicolor gateway into a bridging mode (disabling its routing function)
  • put the Eero into AP mode (disabling its routing function)

But with any of these three, you should have seen the ethernet status on the base when you connected it to the Eero LAN ethernet port.  

aarush12333445
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yeah so base station got connected. Idk how, i was tired of doing same things again and again and i was like i will give another shot and suddenly base station got connected. And then i try to add cameras but i couldnot. I searched for devices , nothing showed up then it says add manually by pressing a button inisde camera, i did that as well but nothing happened. I tried that for all day too. I also charged the cameras and tried to connect them. Nothing happened. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@aarush12333445 wrote:

I searched for devices , nothing showed up  

Try resetting the camera with the sync button as described here:

You might also try adding it using a PC (browse to my.arlo.com) instead of using your phone.

aarush12333445
Aspirant
Aspirant

when i connect my ethernet cable to eero device and told wifi service provider to change it to 2.4 ghz, my power station got connected with my phone and i can see it but i have cameras as well, so i clicked add device button and wait but it says no device found , you have to do manually. so i again clicked the sync button and it starts bliking blue for a lon time then , orange then it turns off. however, it also says no devices were found. this time i tried using 2.4 and 5ghz wifi. my father had a store and he had more than 6 arlo cameras and it works perfectly fine but mine doesnot show devices on my phone (on arlo app).

aarush12333445
Aspirant
Aspirant

i also tried with my computer but it says no device were found, i also tried resetting the cameras by pressing sync button

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Just to clarify -

1. at this point the base station is in your account?   
  2. is it on-line on both the computer and the phone?
aarush12333445
Aspirant
Aspirant

When i searched for station it said it got detected so i setup my account and now it says its online. Regarding computer and phone , both of them are in online. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@aarush12333445 wrote:

When i searched for station it said it got detected so i setup my account and now it says its online. Regarding computer and phone , both of them are in online. 

Ok.  And adding the Pro 3 camera from both the app and the PC is failing?

Have you tried resetting the camera (using the sync button method at the bottom of this article)?

Discussion stats
  • 30 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation