Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Moon78
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi my camera has developed a issue my garden looks like a disco. Every few mins the light turns on and stays on for a few mins then goes off then a few mins later it's doing the same again has anyone experienced this and know how to solve the issue thanks
6 REPLIES 6
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Moon78 wrote:
Hi my camera has developed a issue my garden looks like a disco. Every few mins the light turns on and stays on for a few mins then goes off then a few mins later it's doing the same again has anyone experienced this and know how to solve the issue thanks

Try rebooting the camera by removing and reinserting the battery to start with.  It clears up a lot of quirks. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is it possible that the camera is detecting motion and recording but Smart is deciding not to show the video because it's not selected in the Smart settings?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

Is it possible that the camera is detecting motion and recording but Smart is deciding not to show the video because it's not selected in the Smart settings?

Activity zones might be suppressing the recordings.  But not Smart - that only filters notifications.

@Moon78 :  if you are using activity zones, try disabling them for a bit, and see if that explains the LED activity.

Moon78
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi I tried this I even did remove the device but still had same issue
Moon78
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi yanks for the reply I often wondered how to remove that but I'm still having the same issue with no activity zone
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Moon78 wrote:
 but I'm still having the same issue with no activity zone

So the light is toggling on/off with no recordings saved in the cloud library?

Do you have local storage connected to the base?  If so, look there for recordings also.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation