Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro 3 AC power cord and camera sensitivity

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
patanneflick
Guide
Guide

When connected to the magnetic AC power these cameras have no controllable sensitivity.  I have contacted Arlo support and they had me try everything you can think of.  They even sent me another camera - same problem.  When I disconnect the AC power everything is fine.  I also have 2 cameras on the solar cells and they work fine.  I have seen other post here stating the same problem with the AC power cord.  Other than this issue with the AC power cord everything about the system works well.  I asked the last customer service person to please raise the issue with their software people to let them know this is not a isolated issue.  I would think that it would be easy to correct the software to fix this.  It is a shame as everything else about the system is great.

9 REPLIES 9
dcfox1
Master
Master

Are you saying you can not adjust the sensitivity in your rules for that cam an AC? I never saw that problem on AC here or on mine. 

patanneflick
Guide
Guide

When connected to the AC power supply no matter where you set the sensitivity even down to 10 % the thing records every little tiny movement.  When you disconnect the power supply all is normal.  The tech support had me go to the mode to try to adjust it when it senses motion, it did not work.  I repeat - me working with tech support tried everything.  The person at tech support also indicated she had heard this issue before.  If you search AC power supply on this forum it will come up as an old issue.

patanneflick
Guide
Guide
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

patanneflick,

Are you able to provide some clips as examples of motion being detected with the AC power cord attached that wouldn't have been when the camera is running on battery? Clips where there is no movement?

JamesC

patanneflick
Guide
Guide

do you have a pro 3 system?

if so just hook up the magnetic power cord and you will see the problem yourself.  If a blade of grass blows in the wind it will record.  I have worked with Arlo support on the issue several times - they have sent a new camera nothing helps.  If you disconnect the power cord all is fine.   The system is flawed and Arlo knows it, the one customer service person finally admitted I am not the only one with this issue.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't have a powered Pro 3 but do have a Pro 3 floodlight which doesn't display this when powered. That doesn't disprove anything but you seem to be the only one with the problem. I don't have solutions, unfortunately, other than to suggest changing the motion sensitivity in your modes and rules (what is the setting now?) as well as possibly repositioning the camera to eliminate unneeded portions of view. Post a screenshot of the camera view for suggestions.

patanneflick
Guide
Guide

I am not the only one look at post from ztw220 same problem as mine.

I guess you did not read my post --Arlo's customer support indicated I am not the only one! 

I will repeat the problem one more time - if you leave the power supply connected to the camera you can not control the sensitivity - if you disconnect it the camera works fine.  I worked with customer support several times on this, but I guess you know more than them... 

dcfox1
Master
Master

@patanneflick wrote:

I will repeat the problem one more time - if you leave the power supply connected to the camera you can not control the sensitivity - if you disconnect it the camera works fine.  I worked with customer support several times on this, but I guess you know more than them... 

When you say you can not control sensitivity do you mean adjust it the rules? I have a Pro3 and either way I never saw a difference in sensitivity with or without AC. I have one on AC now since you suggested earlier to someone to just plug it in to see. As jguerdat  suggested a screen shot would help. 

patanneflick
Guide
Guide
We tried using the modes with no success my camera normally records activity at a distance of 20 to 25 feet. When plugged in it records activity to the end of the street about 100 yards. I don’t know what you mean by screen shot do you mean a video? A video would probably be to big to upload. The reason for my post is to inform would be buyers of this issue. The system works well on its battery or tied to the optional solar cell but if you hook up the AC power cord the sensitivity goes haywire
Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation