Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Urgent: Activate Two-Step Verification
Arlo requires all users to activate two-step verification to continue to access your recordings, devices, and account.
Please enable this feature now. Learn More.

Arlo ntofication sounds stop on Android

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Thewood
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have multiple Arlo 3 and 2 cameras on a base station, with one Arlo Essential connected directly to wifi.  I have tried three android tablets and have the same issue.  The arlo notifications work fine for 10 to 12 hours and then the sound stops.  I still get the visual notification and my android phone vibrates, but no sound on the tablet unless I reboot the table.

I have tried two Samsung tablets and a no-name brand.  The tablets span Android 8-11.  All three have exactly the same issue.  I am at wits end over it.  It seemed to be working up until a few months ago, from what I can tell.  Not sure if its an update that caused it or what.  In fact, I just spent $250 on a brand new tablet thinking that might be the issue.  Seems to be wasted.

Model: VMB3500 | Arlo Base Station
Thewood
Apprentice
Apprentice

Just noticed that over the last few months, a few people had the same issue with sound notifications not working, but the responses weren't exactly detailed and useful.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Does the v3.0 app do any better? Note that you may need to uninstall the old app and install the new one for everything to work right (there's at least one unrelated issue that requires this).

BTW, I've used similar justifications for buying new devices...  🙂

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation