Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Dumdidum
Tutor
Tutor
Hello

I got 3x a Smarthub with 2 Ultra cams, so 6 cams. Was a Black Friday deal.
First I thought I might need 2 Smarthubs due to range, but 1 seems to be enough.
Now, my second thought is: I have cams in- and outdoor. The ones outdoor are activated using geofencing (works great with 2 phones!) and always - from 9pm to 7am.
Now the ones indoor should arm later - but as far as I see, there is no option to set different arming times for cams?
So: when I add a second Smarthub, this should work, right?

Questions:
1. Can I arm the cams using Geofencing for 2 different Smarthubs at the same time?
2. Can I set different arming times on both Smarthubs? (i like the combination of geofencing and night arming).
3. Each station comes with a 1-year subscription of premier. Still the limit will be 10 cams all together as they all run on the same account, right?
4. If yes, the other 2 subscriptions are worthless, right?
5. All cams of bith Smarthubs are visible in the mobile app on the same page?
6. All video clips are visible on the same page?
7. On the "Mode"-page only I will see that the cams are on different Hubs, so there I will be able to set different arming modes (one per Hub)?
Thanks a lot
5 REPLIES 5
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Before buying another hub I would investigate what you can do with a mixture of rules and modes, along with scheduling and geofencing.

What are modes and rules and how does Arlo use them?

and

How do I configure and use the Schedule option?

They are pretty versatile.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Dumdidum
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Michael

Thanks for your response.

I've read a whole lot of articles but I am sure that this is not possible with one smarthub:

1. 6 cameras, arm them all using Geofencing (this is working)

2. 4 outdoor cameras should arm from 6.pm to 7.am

3. 2 indoor cameras should arm from 11pm to 7.am

So different time schedules for different cameras. 

I am quite sure that this needs a second smarthub. 

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

You may be right but have you tried experimenting by adding modes for Indoor and Outdoor?

Geofencing can pick up the "All cameras" scenario. Then juggle with the others.

Don't you want the outdoor cameras also running at night?

If you do want to have completely separate schedules, and aren't prepared to compromise on the timing, then another hub does allow you to run separate schedules. You can also see all the cameras on the "front page".

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Dumdidum
Tutor
Tutor

Hi and thanks

Sure, as written in my answer, all cams should be on during night, but the outdoor cams should arm already at 6pm and the indoor cams at 11pm, so later. they should turn off in the morning at 7am together.

Additionally they should all arm using Geofencing.

I've tried to create own modes, but it is not possible to set geofencing + different time's at the same time.

So I will use a second SmartHub for the different arming times. 

Thanks again

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

There are people here who know much more about these things than I do but I am not convinced that two hubs will solve your problem. 

For example, will geofencing pick up modes from both hubs?

Maybe I should play around with the spare hub in have sitting on a shelf.

Just another user
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation