Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Smart Hub VMB4540r2 offline issue

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Makkaman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Howdy,

As of the past ~1 month, I have been experiencing an issue with my VMB4540r2 Smart Hub in which all connected devices appear offline when I first launch the app, but then refresh and appear online a few seconds afterwards. I also notice that my devices connected to this hub are permanently offline when viewing through the my.Arlo.com portal.

To troubleshoot, I have tested this on numerous computers and mobile devices, both via the house wifi (same as the Arlo system) and through mobile data. I cannot seem to get the hub to stay online and worry that it may impact my notifications/monitoring when away if it "rests" in the offline status. Please advise.

All of my devices attached to the Smart Hub appear offline (and refresh in the app to appear online). This includes a few Pro3 cameras, an Audio Doorbell, a Chime, and a Light w/ Bridge.

Smart Hub details
Firmware: 1.19.0.3_1172_68a8e53

Hardware: VMB4540r2

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When "offline", what is the hub's LED showing? If blue, it's not actually offline.

Makkaman
Aspirant
Aspirant

The light on the hub is blue. I just ran a test by arming my system in the app and walking through my home. I did receive all alerts as expected. This is a relief from a security perspective.

This leads me to believe that it may be something with the way the hub is interacting with the app and web app.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Agreed. Try rebooting the phone and reinstalling the app.

Makkaman
Aspirant
Aspirant

I will give that a go. But how would this impact the "offline" status in the web browser when visiting my.arlo.com? I tried this on 3 devices, both on the house wifi and mobile data.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Again may point to the ISP or World Wide Wait issues.

Makkaman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Okay, I reinstalled the app, rebooted my mobile, and also rebooted the hub. Unfortunately, I am seeing the same as before.

Can you expand on your ISP/WWW hunch? 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Makkaman wrote:

As of the past ~1 month, I have been experiencing an issue with my VMB4540r2 Smart Hub in which all connected devices appear offline when I first launch the app, but then refresh and appear online a few seconds afterwards.

FWIW, I've seen this from time to time with my own system.  Definitely not my network either. I suspect a small bug (perhaps the page is painting before the backend servers have figured out the status).

I just live with it - either refreshing the page, or just waiting a bit.

Makkaman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks! I have definitely been accepting to live with it. Its been about a month of error. I wish that my system would refresh after waiting like you note yours does, but instead mine just stays offline through the web browser. 

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation