Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Smart Hub, Doorbell, Flood and Arlo Pro 3

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Rogman16
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Experts, need a little help please...  I have an Arlo Smart Hub with a Doorbell, Flood Light and 3 Arlo Pro 3 cameras hooked up to this hub!!  I would "like" to only record on the Doorbell, and none of the other devices...  However, when I "arm" the Hub, the settings will not allow me to completely turn off the other devices...  Is there a way to customize the settings in order to only have 1 device on a Hub record, or am I stuck with all of these devices recording when motion and/or audio is detected???  Thanks, Roger V

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Armed mode is a basic one to get you going. Ever notice the "Add a Mode" button at the bottom? That's how you create custom modes to do exactly what you need. Read the FAQ in the support section here for full directions but it's generally a "follow the bouncing ball" approach. Note that when you create a new mode, only one camera rule is created. Save it and re-edit it to add additional cameras. However, since you only want the doorbell to record, don't create rules for the other cameras since any camera without a rule is automatically disarmed.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Armed mode is a basic one to get you going. Ever notice the "Add a Mode" button at the bottom? That's how you create custom modes to do exactly what you need. Read the FAQ in the support section here for full directions but it's generally a "follow the bouncing ball" approach. Note that when you create a new mode, only one camera rule is created. Save it and re-edit it to add additional cameras. However, since you only want the doorbell to record, don't create rules for the other cameras since any camera without a rule is automatically disarmed.

Rogman16
Aspirant
Aspirant

Awesome, thanks much!!!

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation